At Prometheus Group Services Ltd., we are committed to safeguarding the local and global environment by reducing any negative impacts caused by our activities. We will:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental aspects and impacts into all of our decision making and activities;
- Assess and control risk;
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and support them to work in an environmentally responsible manner through information, education and training;
- Minimise waste by strict application of the Waste Hierarchy, i.e. eliminate , reduce, reuse, recycle, dispose;
- Minimise emissions through careful management of the Company fleet, and through management of individual transport and business journeys;
- Source sustainable local products where possible, to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution;
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes,
- Communicate our environmental commitment to employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders and encourage them to support it;
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company, by meeting and maintaining the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
We are committed to continual improvement, and undertake consultation with stakeholders including employees, suppliers, sub-contractors and customers to achieve this. We review our policies and procedures accordingly and in conjunction with our Management Review process.
We understand the value of our people in minimising waste and negative impacts, and also in developing innovative approaches to maintaining and valuing the environment. We are committed to investing in the skills and abilities of all our people, and demonstrate this through our training and development programme, and by encouraging active participation and contribution to continuous improvement. This policy is:
- Displayed on the company notice board at all locations.
- Is shared on our website;
- Issued and explained to all staff at induction.
- Forms part of our corporate measurement, evaluation and reporting process.
- Features in team meetings, toolbox talks and Management Review, to ensure that it continues to drive our mission, vision and objectives.
The Managing Director has ultimate responsibility for effective operation of the EMS, with day to day administration undertaken by our QHSE team.